Top Attractions to Avoid at Magic Kingdom During a Hot Summer Day
Magic Kingdom, the most magical place on earth, is a dream destination for many. However, visiting Walt Disney World Resort during the scorching heat of a summer day can be quite challenging, especially when you find yourself outdoors with no escape from the sun. For example, on my Magic Kingdom day July 20, 2023 at 1:48 pm it was 95°F (35°C) "RealFeel" 122°F (50°C) with 61% humidity.
To help you make the most of your visit while staying cool and comfortable, I've compiled a list of the top attractions to avoid during the middle of a summer day, consider enjoying these attractions early or late in the day:
1. Tomorrowland Speedway: While it might be tempting to hop into one of those cute little cars and race around the track, keep in mind that the speedway offers minimal shade, and the engines' heat can make it feel like a sauna. Save this attraction for a cooler time of day.
2. The Magic Carpets of Aladdin: While flying on a magic carpet might seem like a fun way to escape the heat, this attraction offers limited shade, and the heat radiating from the ground can be quite intense.
3. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: Though this indoor ride offers a break from the sun, the queues are almost entirely outdoors. Waiting in line during the peak sun hours can be exhausting.
4. Mad Tea Party: Spinning around in a teacup can be delightful, but the attraction's location offers little shade. Waiting in line or taking the ride during the afternoon heat might leave you feeling dizzy and overheated.
Summer can be a great time to visit Walt Disney World as there are many promotions available. See a full list of Walt Disney World promotions.
5. Dumbo the Flying Elephant: This iconic ride is beloved by many, but like many other attractions, the queues are mostly exposed to the sun. Try riding it early in the morning or later in the evening when the temperatures are cooler.
6. Prince Charming Regal Carrousel: While waiting for your turn to ride this enchanting carousel, you'll be standing in the sun. Opt for indoor attractions during the hottest hours of the day.
7. Swiss Family Treehouse: While the treetop views are impressive, the treehouse offers no shade. Save this one for a cooler part of the day, or better yet, visit it during the evening when you can enjoy the sunset.
8. Tom Sawyer Island: While the island itself is quite charming, exploring it means being exposed to the sun for an extended period. Consider visiting early in the morning or late in the afternoon.
9. Enchanted Tiki Room: This classic show is entertaining, but the waiting area is outdoors. Try to catch the show during a time when the sun isn't at its peak.
10. Walt Disney World Railroad: The train ride around the park can be a relaxing way to see the sights, but the train stations offer little shelter from the sun. Either use this as transportation between lands or ride during cooler hours.
While visiting Magic Kingdom during a hot summer day, it's essential to stay hydrated, take frequent breaks indoors or in shaded areas, and wear light and breathable clothing. Planning your day strategically and avoiding the hottest attractions during peak sun hours will ensure a more enjoyable and comfortable experience at the happiest place on earth. Tips like this and plenty more are provided to my clients, request a quote to get started. Stay cool and have a magical time! 🌞✨🏰